Friday, February 27, 2009

Myer is my store... well for today anyway ;)


So where I live is pretty small, we dont have many big department stores, well the nice ones anyway. The only decent one is Myer and it is a small store at that.
So I went in quickly this week looking for a quick, cheap new baby gift. ( my hopes were high anyway) I always like to get a nice new baby present if I can get it cheaply. Anyway, as I head into the store I start seeing their red sale signs around the place. These have been there since the after Christmas sales, so although i get slight butterflies of excitement at seeing these I lament that these 'sale' items are propbably still those leftovers. That is until I walk past a big rack of shoes and read the sale sign properly...........50% off last marked price summer clearance. By this time my little heart is pounding at the possibilites of this shopping expedition, and I head straight to the womens section. I had my boys in their pram, feeding them on biscuits and whatever morsels I could find at the bottom of my baby bag, to ensure a peaceful as possible browse of these .
Through the womens section I find an amazing blue Jag dress, that would be about $30 down from $130. I know I should get it but I dont, just in case I find something better ( who was I kididng? but avoiding as much as possible having to deal with my latest bump or lump.)
So after scoping out the ladies, I headed for the kids dept, and yes here was my little bit of heaven for the day. I snagged myself some great bargains, all while I had two boys whingeing and moaning, and pulling anything they could reach from the pram straight to the floor. The sales assistants, asked a number of times if I needed any help, - obviously a ploy to get my destructive and noisy boys out of there! But i was in a blissful state of bargain shopping. I took my time and I'm glad! I left with over $230 worth and I spent $48.00. I got some esprit boys pants that were $50 for $3!!! How awesome is that?!
I was on cloud nine all day, I was a good Mum, (despite the mess the boys were in with their sticky lollipops and the clothes in the pram I nearly walked out with -lol). I had new beautiful Kids clothes at op shop prices. I wanted to tell the other Mum's at after school pick up.. but restrained and smiled my best ( i've had a busy supermum day) smile. So I'll share this amazing bargain here, and tell you all to go to Myer now and see whats left on their sale racks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment